By Michelle Kershner
The annual Buy Local Challenge encourages participants to make a personal commitment to eat local during Buy Local Week, July 23 - July 31, 2016. It's easy to sign up to take the challenge.
Residents can easily step up to the challenge any time of the year, not just during the Buy Local Challenge week. Here are some tips to get started.
|Seasonal pick-your-own options at Glade Link Farms.|
1. Shop at one of the 8 Farmers Markets located in The City of Frederick or at a county market.
2. Sip and sample at a local winery, brewery, or distillery.
3. Visit a farm and take home some locally grown treats. Hours vary, so verify hours in advance.
4. Visit one of Frederick County's two creameries, Rocky Point Creamery and South Mountain Creamery, for a farm-fresh treat.
5. Dine at one of Frederick's many restaurants that source their products locally.
7. Visit the new Homegrown Frederick website to learn more about products grown right in your back yard!