The City of Frederick’s Department of Economic Development is seeking a communications and marketing intern. Primary responsibilities will include writing and developing content for digital outlets (newsletters, blog posts, website, social media, etc.) and print collateral; photography; and updating website or blog posts to support business development activities of the department. Candidate will also support business recruitment and retention efforts such as attending business visits, events, workshops, and supporting economic development projects.
Ideal candidate will be have a positive attitude, experience writing digital content, experience with social media for an organization/business/non-profit, and be able to work independently in an office environment. Strong writers of all majors are encouraged to apply. We are seeking a college student that is looking to complete an internship for credit via their college. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
As a part of the internship, the student will:
- Develop a series of blog posts and other content for his/her end of semester portfolio
- Gain an understanding of local government by attending both staff level and public meetings
- Work with Frederick’s business community and directly interface with business owners
- Gain practical experience in marketing and communications
- Attend business and community networking events and professional development opportunities as schedules permit
Deadline: January 30, 2015.