The group will be focusing providing guidance on:
- Sound regulatory policies affecting business & industry
- Annual economic development work program & budget
- Business development incentives
- Evaluation methodology to determine efficiency of economic development programs
- Special issues/projects assigned by the Mayor & Board of Aldermen
- Community education on economic & business development topics
The 16-member council has representation from the following sectors in Frederick: manufacturing, biotechnology, advanced technology, information technology, healthcare, tourism, retail, financial institutions, commercial brokers and developers, and major employers. The Council will have additional multi-organizational representation from its economic development partner organizations to round out discussion and input on issues/policies from varying perspectives.
Richard Griffin, Director of Economic Development for the City of Frederick shares,“The Council is intended to provide multi-discipline expertise to supplement staff skills and identify ways to improve its business services, programs, incentives, policies, and advocacy,” he added.
Questions, contact the DED office at 301-600-6360.