The City of Frederick Department of Economic Development and the Golden Mile Alliance Organizing Committee is pleased to report renovations and new business activity on the Golden Mile including:
- VERIZON store is renovating and will occupy the former Hollywood Video space at 1003 West Patrick Street, part of the Frederick County Square shopping center.
- FAMOUS DAVE’S restaurant, also located in the Frederick County Square shopping center, is undergoing major exterior renovations but remains fully open and operational during construction.
- RED LOBSTER restaurant recently completed a façade improvement of their location on the Golden Mile.
- IF THE SHOE FITS has signed a lease in the Cellular One Center at 1170 West Patrick Street.
- GOODWILL store is renovating the former 84 Lumber facility at 101 Willowdale Drive and is opening this month.
- MCDONALD’S restaurant is planning to demolish and completely rebuild their location at 1501 Garrett Drive. The project includes a complete overhaul of the exterior, new interior décor and improvements to the drive-thru.
- CVS PHARMACY is constructing a new 12,800 square foot location at 1460 West Patrick Street. Located on the west end of the Golden Mile on the corner of Old Camp Road, this new branch will replace the former Earthworks Garden Center.
“The Golden Mile continues to be a vibrant business location as evidenced by the investment being made by these businesses,” stated Richard Griffin, director of economic development for the City of Frederick. “We are pleased to see businesses growing, expanding and investing in our community.”
The City of Frederick in collaboration with residents, property owners, and businesses is establishing the Golden Mile Alliance. According to Mayor Randy McClement, the mission of the group which is nearing incorporation is “to promote and foster the Golden Mile gateway community through business, neighborhood and economic development programs.” The ad-hoc organizing committee meets at Hillcrest Community Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7PM and has established a vision “to ensure that the Golden Mile is an attractive, diverse, and highly dynamic, mixed-use commercial corridor with top retail, office, and service uses linked by safe pedestrian routes to healthy residential neighborhoods and parks.